The Lewiston Auburn Film Festival is proud to announce the Student Film Competition will return in 2014!
Any person under 18 as of Dec. 31, 2013 or any person under the age of 22 still enrolled in a post-secondary school is eligible to compete in one of two categories: Short film (10-45 minutes), Micro Short (0-10 minutes). Films over 45 minutes must be submitted to the main film festival judging.
The early-bird deadline for films is January 20, 2014…films submitted by this deadline will be considered for both semi-final rounds of judging. The final deadline is March 1, 2014. Films submitted by this deadline will be considered only for the second semi-final round.
The semi-final rounds featuring a collection of the best films submitted will take place at the University of Southern Maine’s Lewiston-Auburn campus on Westminster Street in Lewiston on February 15 and March 15 in 2014, starting at 6:30 p.m.
Download the LAFF Entry Form
Entry Fee: There is no fee for students, however, you must note at the top of the entry form that this is for consideration in the student festival.
What we will accept:
– DVD Video NTSC Region 1. It should be on a DVD-R or standard DVD (ABSOLUTLEY NO DVD+Rs). THIS IS THE PREFERRED METHOD
– Flash or Jump Drives — If accepted, you must be able to submit the film on DVD
– YouTube or Vimeo Private Link — If accepted, you must be able to submit the film on DVD
– Films with dialogue in a foreign language must have subtitles.
– Audio MUST be Dolby Digital or AAC stereo.
– Films need to be labeled for aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3 is fine, all other submissions will be rejected)
– NO Blu-Ray, NO film, NO surround sound
Mail Entries to:
First class, Priority, Airmail or Media Mail only
Lewiston Auburn Film Festival
PO Box 28
Lewiston, Maine 04243 USA
Fedex, UPS and DHL only
Lewiston Auburn Magazine
Attn: Lewiston Auburn Film Festival
86 Main Street, Second Floor
Auburn, Maine 04210 USA
For more information: